{Previous info : Because dad was coughing up blood Wednesday, they did a bronch scope.}
We finally got to talk to doctors today, (we arrived to the hospital too late last night) and found out they didn't find anything from the bronch scope. By the time they got it done I believe either the bleeding had stopped or the just couldn't tell where it was coming from. So, since they couldn't find anything out they decided to do a CTA. This, from what I can tell is like a CT scan but it injects dye and you get to see blood vessel/artery flow. Hoping this would show where the leak (coughing blood) was coming from. They still didn't see any of this but could tell that dad had residual pneumonia in the bottom of his lungs. I believe this is the area the pneumothorax is too because now the surgeons know to focus on this area for surgery.
They haven't told us "the plan" but we are hoping to hear about one soon. I did find out today that the transplant team had come by and met dad and discussed things. They are not looking at a lung transplant right now. The good news is, they said nothing the Dr's decide to do should affect him getting a lung transplant in the future. (This was one thing we were worried about. From what I hear there is a surgery they could do that would make it impossible to get a lung transplant.) So that was really good news.
We were told at 9:30 this morning that he should be moving to a regular room and out of the ICU. I think it was because he is off his blood pressure meds. Whatever the reason, we were happy. There were many reasons for wanting him out of ICU, two of which were there were two negative happenings today a couple rooms down from him. I pray for those families! I just want all positive energy right now because dad needs all he can get. Needless to say, I left him tonight and we still haven't been moved yet. They said they were waiting on a room?……. He was able to take a nap today without his anxiety medicine today. This was great news too. We need him moving around more and getting up instead of sleeping all day which those meds did.
He was perky for a little today when he got to see his beautiful granddaughters. I would keep them here all day if I could. He was actually smiling!
What a sweet picture<3!
ReplyDelete